The Power of Microbiome – Can it be unlocked to break the cycle of recurrent Clostridioides difficile infection?
Monday, April 12
6:15 – 7:15 p.m.
Program Educational Objectives:
- Understand the role of the microbiome in overall health
- Explore the relationship between the gut microbiome and Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI)
- Review the risk factors and pathobiology of CDI
- Assess the current burden of CDI and recurrent infection
- Evaluate the current management of CDI and the potential of microbiome-based therapeutics
Speaker: Teena Chopra, MD, a professor of Infectious Diseases at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan