The SHEA Mentorship Program is designed to create a strong networking community while providing and enhancing the SHEA membership experience at all levels. Our goal is to form relationships that can carried forward beyond the SHEA Spring meeting. The SHEA Mentorship Subcommittee will select the mentees and appropriately pair them with a mentor. Apply to become a Mentor or Mentee when you register to attend the SHEA Spring Conference. Interest closes February 12th.
All participants must register to attend the SHEA Spring 2018 Conference no later than February 12th in order to participate in this year’s SHEA Mentorship Program!
The program will continue through out the entirety of 2018. SHEA requires that all mentees and mentors participate in the following activities:
- Formal Introductions – Mentors and Mentees should connect before the SHEA Spring Conference by phone or email.
- While at SHEA Spring:
- Attending the Mentorship Program Breakfast Wednesday, April 18 at SHEA Spring 2018 to meet mentors and other SHEA leaders.
- Meeting with your mentor to discuss science, career development, and networking opportunities.
- Attending session(s) of common interest with your mentor during SHEA Spring 2018.
- Optional interaction during SHEA Spring 2018, such as attending Posters during Lunch
- Further Mentor and Mentee Interactions throughout the year. More information to coming soon!
Prospective Mentees who are either experienced or new SHEA members are welcome to apply. Your Mentor will provide you with the benefit of their career experience, vision, advice, and planning in order to further your own career aspirations. Mentees may consider this program for a variety of reasons:
- Considering a career in healthcare epidemiology?
- Looking to get more involved in SHEA?
- Looking to expand their network of like-minded colleagues?
Prospective Mentors should be seasoned healthcare professionals. Mentors can expect to build a connection that can help build a budding career. All mentors must apply to be considered. Mentors may consider this program for a variety of reasons:
- Looking to share your knowledge and experience with others?
- Looking to expand your network of like-minded colleagues?
- Want to build long lasting relationships?
- Want to help build a stronger SHEA Membership?
All Mentors and Mentees will be highlighted in the SHEA Spring 2018 Conference Final Program.