Copyright, Disclaimer and Related Policies
All documents and written information on this website are subject to copyright law, and are owned by the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) or other individuals. Any reproduction of any part or any posting or document found on this website is prohibited, unless the copyright owner (e.g., SHEA) has granted written consent to do so. All other rights reserved.
Names and Trademarks
The names, trademarks, service marks, and logos that appear on this website may not be used to indicate SHEA’s sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service without written permission from SHEA.
As a service to our website visitors, SHEA’s website includes direct links to other Internet sites; however, SHEA is not responsible for the content or information contained on those sites.
SHEA is committed to data privacy for its website visitors, its members, and the general public.
Any areas of the website that do not require a user login and password are part of the public portion of our website, and SHEA does not monitor or track any personally identifiable information on this part of our website. SHEA may track browser information and site activity (e.g., page hits, return visits, etc.). If a user reports problems with the website, SHEA may ask for specific information to assist the website user.
Use of Personal Information
- SHEA collects personal and professional information in its membership application form and in registration forms for medical education trainings, conferences, and courses. In those forms, SHEA asks individuals to provide both personal and professional information. This information is used to:
- Communicate with members and/or participants about new research, networking opportunities, Board and volunteer lists, events/trainings, and other relevant information;
- Provide a professional directory for other SHEA members;
- Create attendance lists for meetings, trainings and courses; and
- On occasion, SHEA rents its mailing list to third parties, and provides these third parties members’/participants’ names, member number, organization, department, title, and mailing address on flat mailing address labels. It does not share email addresses, fax numbers or phone numbers. These third parties use the list to share information of interest on upcoming events, research findings, or professional opportunities.
Members/Participants are asked to inform SHEA if they wish to opt-out of the third-party mailing lists. All financial information is kept strictly confidential.
SHEA is committed to data privacy for its users, and this policy governs data at www.shea-online.org, its annual meeting website, and other online properties. SHEA may change the content or services provided on this website at any time and without notice. By accessing the website, all users agree to the terms of the policy.
If you have any questions, please contact SHEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.